A warm welcome at Bowhill House
Although Bowhill is only open for a limited time to the public, group visits can be arranged all year. Your group will love a visit to Bowhill House and Country Estate. We understand that every group is different, so we aim to make your visit as enjoyable as possible by providing facilities to suit your requirements.
We welcome groups for tours of the House all year round. All tours must be pre-booked and include a one-hour guided tour of the House where you can learn about the wonderful art collection and Buccleuch family history.
Prices start from £9 per person*
We can also tailor your tour to include any of the following options for an additional charge:
- Victorian Kitchen – learn about the inner workings of a real Victorian homes’ kitchen.
- Exhibition: Love & Respect in the Victorian Age – Learn about the interesting lives of Walter Francis and Charlotte Anne who made Bowhill what it is today and hear about their relationship with Queen Victoria – it’s not quite how its depicted in the ITV drama Victoria!
- Guided tour of the Grounds – Enjoy a short walk around the grounds exploring the history and vision of W.S Gilpin’s (1762-1843) designed landscape with a guide. Lasts approx. 30-45 minutes
*Please note a minimum charge applies.
While you are visiting, there are many other attractions to explore and add onto your visit. These include:
- Victorian Ice House –learn how food was preserved in the 19th Century.
- Newark Castle – take a walk to the historic stronghold
- Guided Walks – join the Bowhill Ranger for a walk around the grounds or wider Estate.
- Focused Walks – if you like bats, fungi or other woodland wonder, we can tailor a walk specially for you.
- Team building
Prices vary for the above activities, so please contact us to discuss.
You can book your group visit or find out more by calling 01750 22204.
You can also enjoy the House, grounds and wider Estate by joining the public tours. Click here for more information.
You can view our Minstrel Tearoom menu. For groups we have a special menu, please contact us to discuss.
We very much look forward to seeing you all at Bowhill very soon.